Friday, April 29, 2011

27/4 1.45am 1st waking, he woke up and walked into our room quietly and put his head on my arm while standing at the side of the bed. Then I picked him up and went back to the room. I told him repeatedly we are going back to bed in korkor's room. I placed him onto his mattress and lie next to him. He tossed for awhile and went back to Lalaland. At 5am he woke up and walked into our room again. Then chanted for milk. I brought him back to the room and told him it's still too early, then I lie down. He didn't lie down for long, sat up and chanted for milk again. When I ignored him pretending to be sleeping, he would lie down for a while and toss and then decided to sit up again and ask for milk. I don't think he slept, but I knew I slept. Bleah... he shook me and tried to wake me up, probably at about 6am. So I decided ok, I would try my luck and voiced out to him, "Ok mommie bring you to the kitchen then we get milk". It sounded alien to him, he didn't nod his head. So, to simplify things, "Do you want milk?" He nodded. I took his hand and walked him to the kitchen. No fuss no complain, no rolling and screaming, he followed. Then brought Foogo out of the kitchen and told him he has to sit on the highchair and he didn't struggle. He drank probably 100ml or so and started to fool around. Had to coax him a bit and the probably did another 50ml. And he let out a loud burp. I think my 1.5yr old stomach is not as big as much and can't match some infants would can apparently gulp down 250ml of FM which baffles me. Doesn't matter, it's just me because I don't believe in overfeeding. The burp does indicate to me that's as much as he can drink at 6am in the morning (since the last feed before 9pm). I am very thankful and glad that he didn't reject FM in the morning on an empty stomach. Well done Dylan for skipping night feed for the 1st time from ~9pm to 6am, and a happy me getting some longer quality sleep wahahhaaa!

I hope to see some consistency while putting him to bed, i.e no patting or holding hands or hugging required and stick to this routine. But I noticed for the past few nights while putting him to bed at 8-9ish, whenever I stood up from the mattress, he would stand up and follow me around in the room ALTHOUGH I was just sitting on the bed, watching out. Duh... So I suppose Dylan's criteria was for me to sit at the corner of the mattress and watch him toss and turn. Tonight I sneaked out of the room while he was just about to doze off. Actually I couldn't quite tell whether if he did snooze off already so I decided to tiptoe out of the room.

Last night I sang Twinkle Twinkle Little Star again, Dylan's answer to each end of the phrase was star. Tonight there were difference. I took a video of him completing each phrase.

No comments:

Post a Comment