Monday, April 25, 2011

Log of weaning Dylan off

Continued from 22Apr :  Dylan woke up at 2am, walked to our room. I held his fingers and wanted to walk him back to kids' room. He sat on the floor and threw tantrum. So I carried him to the room. It took him 1/2hr to calm down and went back to sleep. He woke up at 6plus and well, I latched him on for feed.

23Apr : For the 1st time I gave him FM for his afternoon feed. Teik sat down with him for his night feed. Was peaceful until bedtime. Dylan cried his way to Lalaland, though he had enough milk prior to bedtime. Guess he needed the kick before sleep. Woke up just before midnight and screamed again. He ended up tired and went back to sleep and woke up at 5am, latched on.

24Apr : Latched him before Pm nap. Tonight it took him about 1/2hr, while Shawn was tossing around on the bed, he tossed on the mattress on the floor. Woke up just before midnight and screamed for milk again. He ended up crying, beating me up and tossing and kicking me. Abusive! But I think my neighbours would be thinking I am abusing him from the way he screamed and cried. After all the muck and tears for 45min he gave him and lied next to me and drifted off to Lalaland. I hope it'll last him till 6 or 7am before waking up!

I'm just hoping to kill many birds with one stone i.e.
- boot him out of the room (think this is accomplished)
- wean him off breast milk (think this is in progress, well at least he doesn't push when Gain IQ is served, touchwood!)
- wean him off the bottle (the school got to do this, because I never gave bottle at home. Just cup & straw)
- wean him off comfort suckle at night
- wean him off night feed

How mean eh!

No comments:

Post a Comment