Monday, July 4, 2011

As for Dylan...

One of the crappy weekend and Monday. We started Dylan on antiB last Sunday night. Upon the 4th dose he had runs. So we had to stop. On Wednesday he didn't take any antiB. On Thrus I gave him only 1/4 of what was supposed to be for one day dose, and he continued to have runs. He was warm then then fever came back on Saturday night. Went sky high 39.6deg on Sunday morning.

We brought him to Dr Khor today. No choice but to jab since his body is rejecting antiB and continuing having fever and diarrhoea which would drains him. Poor kid cried the mall down when he had his nose cleaned by the expert and swabbed. Dr took his stool and nose muck for tests.  During jab, he was protesting, shed some tears and then it was all right after we cheered and clapped when the jab was done. Brave boy! I think to him, nose swab was more tortorous than the jab. Anyway, after his nap, he was running temperature at high end of 38deg. I was out buying Karihome to sub his Gain IQ temporarily. When I got hom I gave him ibuprofen and panadol to bring that down. Ridiculously just now when I checked his temperature it was 35deg-ish. He is sweating buckets now.

I gave him Karihome goat milk just now. He took one sip and had that 'yucks' look on his face. He probably drank 100ml out of the 180ml that I made. Ouch to my pocket because Karihome is EXPENSIVE! Anyway, hope during the next feed he would drink and not kick a fuss! And I certainly hope that he won't wake up at 2.30am (which he did yesterday) and squat in the kitchen to drink water. Pls pls sleep through at least till 6!

1 comment:

  1. Jiayou! Poor baby and mummy..
    Get well soon baby!
    Do we really need to stop cow milk for them?
    Kayden only had runs when he completed his course of antib.
    Now runs stop but fever came.
    Sickening.
    From;sharyn

    ReplyDelete